On the 7th August 2010, Saturday, a workshop on “Capital Market Education Program” took place at the DIU Auditorium. Target audience was the business students of DIU.
Convener of the workshop, Ms. Tanzina Hossain, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Business Administration under the Faculty of Business & Economics of the university presented the real view of capital market and disclosed some real experience. Mr. Saiful Islam, Assistant director of Security & Exchange Commission (SEC), said the real field of Capital market.
This program, organized by Career development Center (CDC), aimed at mixing the theoretical knowledge with practical aspects of capital market. Attended participants of the program were privileged of having more effective and much needed knowledge and information thoroughly and elaborately on capital market affairs for making a wise investment decision as well as availing career building prospect in the field of Capital Market.
The inaugural event was named as: A day long workshop on “Capital market ABC & Personal Investment by Trading Affairs Learning (CAPITAL)”
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP:
• Educating students of business as an investor by providing the necessary information and knowledge related to the activities of trading operation in Capital Market
• Providing a preliminary training to develop themselves as a professional in Capital market.
• Aiding to mitigate the risk arising from lack of practical investment knowledge.
• Helping participants to be aware of bookish as well as practical trading affairs.
1. Basic Orientation of Capital Market
2. Pre-requisite activities of investing in the Stock Market
3. Investors’ Rights and Responsibilities
4. How to trade in the stock market
5. Factors to be considered for investment in stock market
6. Fundamentals of Stock Valuation
7. Analysis of Financial Statement
8. Technical Analysis
9. Measures to Profit Maximization
10. Portfolio Investment & stock Analysis
All the participant students had learned the fundamentals of Capital Market from this 6 hour long program. They enjoyed the workshop and left for home with a hope to be participated in this kind of educative program again and again.