A meeting was held with the Conveners of the SA Committee and Head of the Departments at Daffodil International University on 16th August 2018 focusing mainly on the Visible changes observed after introducing S.A. Process Activities. The meeting was highly focused on sharing the observation and improvement of the departments after introducing S.A. Process Activities. The meeting was led by Professor Dr. Ahmad Ismail Mustafa, Dean, Faculty of Allied Health Science and convener of the review committee on the proposal of IQAC Cell of DIU.
The conveners of the committee, Professor Dr. Syed Akhter Hossain, Head and Convener of SA committee, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, DIU, Mr. Md. Arif Hassan, Assistant Professor and Associate Head and Convener of SA committee, Department of Business Administration, DIU, Mr. Md. Taslim Arefin, Head and Convener of SA committee, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, DIU, Mr. Farhana Israt Jhan, Assistant Professor and Convener of SA committee, Department of Pharmacy, DIU, Mr. Sheikh Mohammad Shafiul Islam, Associate Professor, Member of SA Committee(on behalf of Mr. Saleem Ahmed, Associate Professor and Head ), Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, DIU, Kaushik Sarker, Assistant Professor & Associate Head ,Department of Software Engineering, DIU,(on behalf of professor Dr. Touhid Bhuiyan), Mr. Md. Rakibul Islam Khan, Head and Convener of SA committee, Department of English, DIU, Prof. Dr. Md. Bellal Hossain, Head and Convener of SA committee, Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering , DIU, Dr. Kudrat-E-Khuda Babu, Associate Professor and Convener of SA committee, Department of Law, DIU, Gouranda Chandra Debnath, Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Business Administration, DIU, Md. Riaduzzaman, Senior Lecturer and Head, Department of Law, DIU were present at the program besides Professor Dr. Farhana Helal Mehtab, Department of Law and Associate Dean; Faculty of Humanities & Social Science, DIU.
The speakers had put emphasized on the following things:
• Emphasize on increasing the number of students.
• Make policy to involve students in the research activities under the faculty members. Rewards can be given for the activities.
• Faculty members should not depend on DIU for fund regarding research, they should rather go looking for funds from outside.
• Continuous Development of the departments should be maintained.
• Monitoring should be ensured as it is the most efficient method of evaluation.
• Departments should be specific about their progress.
• Library should be decentralized to reach highest number of students.
• Survey on the questions before the exam.
• Bring change on admission policy to increase the number of quality students along with the change in foundation class emphasizing on developing basic skills of the students through the foundation courses & avoid repetition of the courses.
Emphasize on Credit transfer to the other university.
Create a google site for the program.
IQAC should play a role to monitor the implementation of the mission/vision of the departments.
The meeting was concluded by the short speech of Professor Dr. Yousuf Mahbubul Islam, Vice Chancellor, Professor Dr. S.M. Mahbub Ul Haque Majumder, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Professor Dr. A. K. M. Fazlul Haque, Director, IQAC and the Registrar in charge, Mr. Syed Mizanur Rahman, Associate Professor and Head, Department of General Educational Development and Director of the Students’ Affairs of Daffodil International University (DIU).